NAGT Reimbursement Guidelines for Travel Expense
NAGT has funds available to support travel expenses for NAGT Officers, Staff, and Awardees. These guidelines will clarify expectations and reimbursement procedures.
Reimbursement Request Process:
NAGT will reimburse travelers shortly after they submit a completed reimbursement request packet. A complete reimbursement packet consists of the following items:
- A completed NAGT Reimbursement Request Form (Excel 23kB Apr29 16)
- A receipt or invoice for all reimbursable expense items costing $50.00 or more,
- For those that are driving we'll need the total mileage between your home and the venue. NAGT will pay 55 cents per mile, provided driving costs do not exceed the cost of flying.
- A completed "IRS W-9: Request for Taxpayer Identification" form available at www.irs.gov
The packet should be sent to:
- MJ Davenport
NAGT c/o Carleton College W-SERC
One North College Street
Northfield, MN 55057
Qualified Reimbursable Travel Expenses:
- Outstanding Earth Science Teacher Program: Up to $500 for travel expenses and one night of lodging for awardees to attend a GSA meeting.
- Miner, Shea, Stout, Christman Awardees: All travel and one night of lodging for awardees to attend the awards banquet at the GSA meeting.
Executive Committee Members:
- Executive Committee members (or their designates) will be reimbursed for expenses incurred for travel for the Spring Annual Meeting - airfare and/or mileage.
- Travel to other Executive Committee meetings, committee meetings where you are the official representative of NAGT, and travel in the capacity of a Section Liaison will be handled on an individual basis. Please check with the Executive Director's office prior to making your travel arrangements for travel guidelines.
Non-Reimbursable Expenses for all NAGT Travelers:
- Costs associated with extended stays
- Personal phone call expenses
- Personal expenses; (e.g. alcohol bills, internet expenses, hotel phone calls, abstract volumes, etc.)
Please use your good judgment in making expense decisions. Contact the executive director's office if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org; 507-222-4545). Since NAGT is a relatively small operation, we welcome opportunities to share costs rather than cover the entire bill when volunteers/awardees travel for more than one purpose. Travelers are encouraged to make flight reservations well in advance and to seek a competitively priced economy class airfare.