Central SectionIllinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan,
Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin, and southern and western Ontario
MembershipMembership Application and Renewal Form (Acrobat (PDF) 164kB Oct25 11)
Why become a member of NAGT?
- Five issues annually of the Journal of Geoscience Education--THE source for articles on innovations and information for teaching the earth sciences.
- Reviews of computer software, movies, videos, books, and museums.
- Workshops, symposia, theme sessions,and technical sessions on geoscience education at GSA meetings
- NAGT section newsletters
- National Distinguished Speakers Program
- Annual four-color poster with activities for K-16
- Annual awards for outstanding college and university teaching
- Annual award for outstanding writing or editing in the geosciences
- Annual Field excursions to fantastic geologic locales
- High quality slide sets
Above all, your membership in NAGT is a statement of your interest in excellence in geoscience education and preparation in of students for both productive careers in geology and lifetimes as informed citizens.
NAGT Works for You, Regardless of Your Level
NAGT is for precollege teachers, too
- Annual state and regional awards to precollege teachers (OEST, the Outstanding Earth Science Teacher Program)
- Articles and a special column devoted to precollege teaching in the Journal of Geoscience Education
- Special events at GSA and NSTA
- New summer field conference program for precollege teachers
NAGT is for students, too
- Eighty summer positions with the USGS and several state geological surveys through the USGS/NAGT Summer Field Training Program
- More than 50 competitive grants-in-aid to help students attend summer field camp
- Student membership discount