These modules offer ways of teaching quantitative reasoning and examples of their use. They have been made available through the Pedagogy in Action project:
Mathematical and Statistical Models, Measurement and Uncertainty, Quantitative Writing, Teaching Quantitative Reasoning with the News, Teaching with Data, Teaching with Models, Teaching with Spreadsheets Across the Curriculum
Browse through links to teaching activities collected by NNN. You can browse the collection either by searching for particular words using the search box or by sorting by the particular quantitative skills involved with the activity. You can also share descriptions of QR Websites, Activities, and Courses by clicking on the appropriate link.
Other Sites of Interest
- A selection of curricular materials serving QL needs across a wide variety of disciplines is hosted by The Center for Mathematics and Quantitative Education at Dartmouth (MQED). Several NNN members helped in the creation of modules on QR and personal finance -- on earning, spending, saving and investment, and planning for retirement; these are found on the Money Matters site.
- An NSF grant awarded to Bowdoin College supports the creation of a non-proprietary instrument for assessing QLR (Quantitative Literacy/Reasoning), a pilot study of the instrument, and sharing via the QRLA Portal.
- Examples of assessment questions from Wellesley College's Quantitative Reasoning Program are available here: Download Wellesley QR Booklet (Acrobat (PDF) 871kB Apr4 08)
- The Web site for the City University of New York's NICHE (Numeracy Infusion Course for Higher Education) Project provides information including assessment instruments, QR learning goals, and best practices for QR instruction.
- The SISL Web site (Sustainability Increases Student Learning) provides information about making Sustainability a theme in courses across the curriculum, including QR courses in which energy, climate change, and natural resources would be engaging topics.
- The Mathematics Association of America hosts a downloadable version of Mathematics and Democracy, a collection of essays on the importance of quantitative literacy.
- Mathematics Across the Community College Curriculum provides an extensive list of books and resources on quantitative reasoning and math across the curriculum.