WGBH Educational Foundation, Teachers' Domain
Video length 6:09 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing GPe
4.1 Humans transfer and transform energy.
4.2 Human use of energy is subject to limits and constraints.
4.4 Humans transport energy.
4.5 Electricity generation.
4.6 Humans store energy.
4.7 Different sources of energy have different benefits and drawbacks.
Various sources of energy are used to power human activities .
6.2 Conserving energy.
6.4 Earth has finite energy resources.
Human use of energy.
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Educators will want to tie this video into a discussion about the changing mix of energy sources in the US.
About the Science
- Video characterizes hydrogen as an energy source, but it can also be described as an energy store/carrier.
- Good explanation of how electricity is produced by using different methods and fuel sources.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- Background essay and discussion questions are available on the webpage.
- This is mostly a "just the facts" kind of presentation, with few opportunities for substantive inquiry or discussion. The provided questions assess only comprehension of the video content.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.