Philippe Rekacewicz, UNEP/GRID-Arendal
Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 1a
Other materials addressing 2e
Other materials addressing Cli
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Can be used to teach about albedo.
- Educator may need to look further into albedo - open water also reflects and ice also absorbs, but it's the relative effect; also explore with students how albedo works.
- Educator may need to alleviate confusion about how aerosols are both reflecting and absorbing energy.
About the Science
- Good visual of the radiative budget without any quantification of the effect of each of the factors.
- Because factors are not quantified, the graph stays current (publication date 2000).
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.