NAGT Graphic Standards and Guidelines
Download a PDF of the Graphics Standards and Guidelines Manual (Acrobat (PDF) 1017kB Apr3 12).
To consistently present the National Association of Geoscience Teachers (NAGT) and its subsidiaries in an easy-to-recognize and easy-to-use manner that conveys the professional nature of the organization, its mission, and its commitment to excellence.
- By diligently applying a distinctive, professional graphic identity system that also suggests the mission of the association, NAGT will communicate what it does in a consistent fashion and establish itself as an institution of high worth and quality.
- Adhering to these guidelines also will streamline production, reducing work for volunteers and reducing the potential for errors.
- These guidelines illustrate the ways the logos of the NAGT and its subsidiary groups should and should not be used.
- They note the typefaces and ink colors used in the official logos.
- They list visually compatible low- or no-cost typefaces that can be used for secondary headlines and text blocks in print and web projects.
- Crisp, clean, downloadable logos in a variety of formats are available for both the Association and the Sections and Divisions.
Who? When? What?
- Who is entitled to use official NAGT logos? Projects and individuals that have received sponsorship or support from NAGT are authorized to use these logos.
- When should official logos be used? Always, of course. A logo should appear on every piece of print and web communication associated with NAGT. And it should be one of the official ones. Why spend time cobbling up something different which may not reproduce well when you easily can download something sharp and in conformance with NAGT standards?
- Which logo should you use? The one that best fits your budget and your means of production.
- Because its online resources are a vital part of the service NAGT provides to educators, include the URL of the NAGT home page in boldface somewhere in every printed piece.