TED Business Meeting
October 19, 2014, 5:00-7:00 PM
at the GSA Annual Meeting
Hyatt Regency Vancouver, Plaza Ballroom C
Introducing the 2014-15 TED management team
- Elected Officers
- President – Heather Petcovic Vice President – Jeff Thomas
- Past President – Kyle Gray Secretary/Treasurer – Mark Abolins
- Media Director – Steve Mattox
- Ex officio Members
- NAGT Executive Committee Liaison – Basil Tikoff and Wendi Williams
Reports and Announcements:
- President's Report - Items from NAGT Council (Heather)
- Winter newsletter items due to Steve by October 31. Newsletter will include: Officer's welcome, NAGT announcements, TED membership survey results, and member items
- TED membership survey results (Heather)
- Officer vote to ratify TED Bylaws (Heather)
- Rounding out the management board: ex officio members and heads of committees (Heather)
- Nominations and Elections Committee (bylaw mandated) – Kyle, Chair
- Long-Range Planning Committee (bylaw mandated) – Jeff, Chair
- Conference Committee (bylaw mandated) – needs a Chair
- Regional Outreach Committee (ad hoc) – Ellen Metzger & Julie Monet?
- GSA and/or AGU Education rep (ex officio) - ?
- NSTA preservice teacher division rep (ex officio) – Eric Pyle?
- Other committees or ex officio board members?
- Earth Educators Rendezvous (June, 2015) – how can we be involved?
- NGSS workshop/webinar with Aida Awad and Susan Buhr Sullivan – moving this forward
- Action items and next steps – what do we want to prioritize in the coming year?