Welcome to Earth and Mars
This introduction will expose students to Mars imaging software platforms so that students may become familiar with their navigation and imagery products.
- Students will be able to navigate and use both Google Mars and JMARS
- Students will become familiar with imagery collections available via the above software programs such as: HiRISE, CRISM, and THEMIS
Context for Use
Description and Teaching Materials
- In-Class Activity 1: Mars Analogs (Acrobat (PDF) 67kB May28 13)
Teaching Notes and Tips
- Before assigning Homework 1 or 2 spend some time exploring both Google Mars and JMARS with the students for a "first pass" exposure.
- Students will be exploring the functions of the software and will not need any prior geologic knowledge to complete the homework provided here.
- Online versions of the Homework provide instructor answers in [brackets].
Methods of assessment are within each individual In-Class Activity and Homework.