Geoscience Education Research Division
Like our umbrella organization, the NAGT GER Division supports a diverse, inclusive, and thriving community of geoscience education researchers to improve teaching and learning about the Earth.
The Geoscience Education Research Division (GER) is committed to the promotion of high quality, scholarly research in geoscience education that improves teaching and learning in K-12, higher education, and informal learning environments.
The Division exists to:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, research methodology, resources, and concerns related to geoscience education research
- Establish a network for those interested in engaging in scholarly research and/or in implementing those research findings in their teaching
- Facilitate relationships between the geoscience education research community and the broader educational research community
- Be an avenue for the recruitment or organization of research teams that can address specific questions or respond to RFPs
- Facilitate professional development events to increase the capacity of geoscience education researchers at various stages of their careers
- Connect geoscientists to geoscience education researchers to improve geoscience teaching and learning
What's in a name?:
We have chosen GER (read aloud as "G-E-R") for our division name to be consistent with the original division charter and to better situate the division within the broader DBER community. We anticipate that GER for Geoscience Education Research will be as recognizable a brand as PER (for Physics), CER (for Chemistry) and BER (for Biology).
Be part of the growing movement to engage Discipline-Based Education Research in the Geosciences! Learn more about opportunities for Bringing Research on Learning to the Geosciences–workshops, projects, research groups, references and more.
Ready to be an NAGT GER member (or need to renew your membership)?
Want the latest news on the GER Division?
Do you have something to share with the GER Division? Know a researcher who deserves to be in the GER spotlight?
Submit funding, scholarship/award, graduate/postdoc opportunities, articles worth reading, GER researchers to spotlight and more here!
Find the national NAGT Facebook page here.