NAGT Reimbursement Guidelines for Travel Expense
NAGT has funds available to support travel expenses for NAGT. These guidelines will clarify expectations and reimbursement procedures.
Reimbursement Request Process:
NAGT will reimburse travelers shortly after they submit a completed reimbursement request packet. A complete reimbursement packet consists of the following items:
- A completed NAGT Reimbursement Request Form (Excel 23kB Dec16 19)
- A receipt or invoice for all reimbursable expense items costing $50.00 or more,
- For those that are driving we'll need the total mileage between your home and the venue. NAGT will pay 58 cents per mile, provided driving costs do not exceed the cost of flying.
- A completed "IRS W-9: Request for Taxpayer Identification" form available at www.irs.gov
The packet should be sent to:
- Amy Collette
NAGT c/o Carleton College W-SERC
One North College Street
Northfield, MN 55057
Qualified Reimbursable Travel Expenses:
Executive Committee Members:
- Executive Committee members will be reimbursed for expenses incurred for travel for the Spring Annual Meeting.
- Travel to other Executive Committee meetings, committee meetings where you are the official representative of NAGT, and travel in the capacity of a Section Liaison will be handled on an individual basis. Please check with the Executive Director's office prior to making your travel arrangements for travel guidelines.
Non-Reimbursable Expenses for all NAGT Travelers:
- Costs associated with extended stays
- Personal phone call expenses
- Personal expenses; (e.g. alcohol bills, internet expenses, hotel phone calls, abstract volumes, etc.)
Please use your good judgment in making expense decisions. Contact Amy Collette if you have any questions at acollette AT carleton dot edu (507-222-4368). Since NAGT is a relatively small operation, we welcome opportunities to share costs rather than cover the entire bill when volunteers/awardees travel for more than one purpose. Travelers are encouraged to make flight reservations well in advance and to seek a competitively priced economy class airfare.